Monday, March 25, 2013

The Silver Ring Thing

This past weekend was FULL of all kinds of wonderful church activities for all of us! We started on Friday night and ended on Sunday night! I loved every single minute of it. Friday night we as a church stuffed over 15,000 Easter eggs full of all kinds of candy for our annual Easter Egg Hunt. Let me say it again....over 15,000 eggs! Our Pastor keeps adding more and more eggs every year and I must admit that 15,000 should be the limit. It was fun enjoying the pizza party, indulging in some of the candy--just to taste and make sure the kids would approve ;) and of course enjoying the fellowship with one another.

Saturday was a wonderful day filled with baking, ice fishing, and playing cards with the family. Family time is always amazing and it's encouraging to see my husband sharing his beliefs with his nephew in hopes of getting him saved--hopefully one day soon.

Sunday....now Sunday was amazing. We woke up and headed off to Church. I'm donating my time assisting with counting the tithes (which is a learning process) and then we headed off to do our weekly grocery shopping. After coming home and putting everything away, it was time for our "youth group at home" series seems how my step-daughter has withdrawn herself from her local youth groups which she used to participate with.

I am trying out this great series so far...and I'll provide more details later after we give it at least a month test drive. So far, so good! Praise the Lord! My husband headed off to his Men's Bible Study and my step-daughter and I headed off to The Silver Ring Thing.


This was the first I have ever heard of this event and I was super excited about it. We already presented her with a purity ring over the summer and we pray that she will honor it and keep her promise to God and her dad. By attending this event, it seemed she had recommitted herself and I hope she got what she needed. There were some real captivating stories shared by many people and some were heartfelt and some were emotional. I highly encourage attending this event. Buy as many tickets as you can and get as many teenagers to go and experience this. 

They also had a parent session and had a lot of items for sale to help initiate the sex talk and then the parents were allowed in to view the rest of the show. Again, a great time with a great message and a realistic look of other teenagers who are willing to wait until they are married. It seemed to really put it into perspective for her that she's not alone and it's cool to be able to say to your future spouse...."I waited for you!"



No comments:

Post a Comment