Thursday, May 2, 2013

Driving Parked Cars




When I read this, I just about sank into my chair. I wonder how many of us say, "Yes I trust God" but really we are a little afraid or even worried to actually live out our faith. I know that I battle with myself constantly but it is something I'm learning to give up and reap the rewards. If we are willing, HE is able. And that's when the light bulb went off!

I love how God is not forceful. I love how the Holy Spirit will not take control of us without our saying, "Yes, please do come in." The Holy Spirit has such nice manners. If we are not willing to do our part, then why should He? Another way to think about it is if you're in a relationship how fair is it for your partner to do 90 percent of the work while you only do 10 percent? It's not and sooner or later the relationship will fail. If a relationship is supposed to be 50/50 then I want to make sure that I'm doing my part to not only better myself but for His kingdom.

But that's the thing about having a relationship with God, even though He does way more for us than we could ever image, all He asks of us is to believe in Him and love. Do you have that friend or family member that has anything or everything they ever wanted and it's either their birthday or Christmas and you ask yourself, "What do you buy for someone who has everything?" Well how about spending time together. Making memories. That's kind of how I think about giving back to God. What in the world can I give to the One Who created everything??

My love. My trust. My belief in Him.

But part of loving, trusting, and believing is letting Him guide you. Let down your walls and let Him lead.....believe me....it will be better than you can ever imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment