Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Morning Run: My Alone Time with God

Lately the events in my life have become
 M-A-J-O-R! Yesterday on facebook I posted a status that said,

"I have experienced it firsthand--if you are obedient to God, He will rain blessings on you. For this, I am so thankful for!"

And it is so true. As I discover my walk with Christ, it is so much easier if I follow His direction. I have been doing that. I pray to hear His voice. I pray that I am sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit. I pray for wisdom and it all seems to be what is best for me.

I decided to get back on the running bandwagon. I actually do love it--although in high school I couldn't run anything over a 400m or I would feel like I was dying. (I was a typical teenage drama queen!) But when I run, it's my alone time with God. Honestly I'll share with you later my testimony but needless to say it had a lot to do with running. So it's like I'm re-igniting an old flame. This morning I woke up at 6:00am and ran 4 miles. It's difficult for this old body to exert so much energy but when I'm finished, it is the best feeling in the world. There is nothing better than the sound of my feet hitting the pavement and my thoughts running wild. At the end of my run, my once jumbled thoughts are aligned, my questions are answered, and I sit back and watch what God has planed for me that day. But the highlight of my run is seeing the sunrise because I feel God's Spirit on the earth.

What are some of the ways you spend alone with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment