Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Being Content with What You Have


This past weekend I started to look at my home and all the things in it from an entirely different perspective. I used to always look at my home and wish I had better decorating abilities. Fancier furniture. Prettier appliances. Then it went even further and wishing I had better clothes in my closet. I recalled Luke 16:10  “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.”

That’s when a light bulb went off. I have been blessed with my home and all the things in it. Do I really take care of my home? Do I have too much stuff in it that makes it harder to keep clean? Why ask God for something better if I don’t take care of what I have? That was my weekend revelation.

God is so amazing in helping me understand His principles. The hardest thing for me is to act on them. Next is to explain to my family why we don’t need this stuff. The irony of this entire revelation is my house is looking more and more beautiful, with less stuff in it. And as a bonus, the people at the local Care and Share are getting some things to help people in need.

So today's question.....are you content with what you have? Are you taking good care of what God has given you? I know I need to take take care of my body better but that's an entirely different post.

What an incredible God we serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment