Thursday, January 31, 2013

Spiritual Food

Ahhhh....yes. Here we go with food again. Only this is a little bit different. I'm talking about spiritual food that contains no calories and will help with every situation.

There are numerous outlets for gaining knowledge and more of an understanding about the Kingdom.  The people on my list come from all different walks of life and some are definitely more spicier than others. But I figured I would share so you know where most of my inspiration comes from while writing this blog. I'm sure I'll have more to add as the year progresses but for now, here are my favorites:

  • The Bible. Well this one is obvious but just like many other people out there....it can be a difficult read. There are some things that I don't understand but in time, I'm hope I can gain a better understanding the more I mature in the Lord.

  • Allen Jackson from World Outreach Church. He has a nice hint of a southern accent and I just can't get enough of his sarcastic humor. He has really helped me grow as a Christian and I have shared his teachings with my family as well. He's was the first person I really connected to on a TV media platform and this summer I plan on taking a road trip to see him in Tennessee.

  • Joyce Meyer is quickly becoming my new favorite. I have been reading her devotionals for a year now and while watching her sermons, I didn't realize how down-to-earth-in-your-face she is! I love it and she has an easy way for you to walk away ready to conquer anything. She's holding a conference in a city near me this spring and I can't wait to see her live!

  • David Jeremiah has the voice of a soothing angel. He has a lot of seniority compared to the others on the list and I would love to have half the patience I think he has. His approach is very real and I love the real stories he incorporates into his messages. 

  • T.D. Jakes from the Potter's House. Wow! Is he a firecracker! I love his excitement in voice. He makes me want to jump out of my chair and clap my hands and say, "Thank you Lord!" I love to listen to him if I need a little pick me up or need some excitement. 

  • Chad Brown is the pastor of my church. He is inspirational and very much  in tuned when he gets going.  He's very modern and extremely truthful. I first heard his voice and his message on the radio when I was an unbeliever and I said to myself if I ever went to church, I would go to his. Three years later, I accepted Jesus as my Savior and stepped foot into Cornerstone and have been there ever since. 

Feel free to comment if you have any recommendations. I hope this short list will help you on your journey.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment