Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Me + Self-Control



self–con·trol- noun \-kən-ˈtrōl\ : restraint exercised over one's own impulses, emotions, or desires

I’ve discovered lately that self-control is actually my friend—not my enemy. By allowing myself to completely trust in God with my food choices and portions, I am learning that I am not as hungry as I thought I was. One of the best feelings so far is that if I do indulge in something sweet, I pray for control and I eat it and done. I’m no longer being controlled by food; I am controlling the food I eat. So me and self-control, we are like two peas in a pod--my new best friend so-to-speak. Just from these few days of eating healthier I'm having so much more energy and last night was one of the best night sleeps I’ve had in a long time.

What I love most about this new chapter is I feel it's a wonderful relationship we've got going on. With my wanting to change and God's ability to change me, how can it fail? It can only fail if I allow it to. Yes God can change people but there has to be some desire of it because He respects your free will. I want to live up to my end of the bargain....we all know that God can live up to His. 

Here's Joyce's video Part 1 & 2.







No comments:

Post a Comment