Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Letting Go

One of the hardest things I had to do as a Christian was letting go. Letting go of worries of money, situations out of my control, even relationships that are strained.  I'll admit that it was one the hardest things I did, yet I always wonder why did it take me so long to do it.

I didn't grow up with God in my life as a child. I only discovered Him a year ago. Since then, it has been such an amazing journey and now I actually see the world so differently. Death does not have the same impact it did on me when I was a kid. Yes it is still sad and I will miss that person, but if they are believers, then I look at it as they have graduated to the next step and when it's my turn, I'll see them again and celebrate. 

Money does not have the same meaning either. I don't have a lot of it. I live a modest life but I am very obedient about giving to the Church and any other causes that will benefit His kingdom. It's incredible to see what God can do in your life when you become obedient. I have been tested several times in this matter and each an every single time He has delivered. 

But the biggest thing is if any situation I face and am having a difficult time with, I just give it to Him. I lay it at His feet and let Him handle it. The moment I discovered that, was the moment my life became stress-free and not a worry in the world. I pray and I wait. It's incredible to watch what happens next. It's as if a 50 pound weight has been lifted and I can breathe. I don't know why anyone would want to live a life thinking they have to handle it all on their own. I was there and believe me....it's no fun. Now this may mean that you may have to give up some things, sacrifice a little, but God will a-l-w-a-y-s take care of your needs.

Here's the thing. God has a plan for my life and for yours. Worrying about something doesn't do anything but add stress. Here's one of my favorite passages about worrying: 

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:25-27
So you see worrying is a waste of time. I challenge you to give all your worries and concerns to God. Just let it all go. He wants you to live a happy and righteous life because His plan is so much better for you than your own.



No comments:

Post a Comment