Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When God Whispers Loudly


This morning was just like any other morning. Wake up late, let the dogs out, shower, drop off my step-child at school, and drive to work. I sometimes take for granted my routine. I sometimes take for granted all the little things in life. Last night I read a short story called, When God Whispers Loudly, by Chris M. Hibbard.  It was a short, meaningful read that was very thought provoking—but of course it took some time for it to really sink in. 

There are some days I get frustrated and hurry up to finish whatever I’m doing so I can move on to the next thing on my list. This year I am really trying to work on taking the time to stop and listen to God’s voice. Hear His direction and get a new perspective and understanding.

After reading this story, I realized there are always going to be good and bad days. There are always going to be things that I can’t cross off the list. There are always going to be certain situations I can’t avoid and I have to rely on the Holy Spirit to get me through it. The difference in thought however is what would happen if all that came to a crashing halt. What if I woke up and realized I lost 15 years of my life? It's only when facing a tragedy is when people realize how blessed they truly are. "What I wouldn't give to be able to walk to the mailbox" says a woman who is committed to her wheelchair. I would rather deal with my bad days knowing God is right there beside me getting me though it than having a great day and not having Him to thank for it.

Today I will not get caught up in my “usual routine.” Today I will take my time and enjoy everything that I see and try to view it in a different way. Today I will not take for granted my life because in an instant….it all could be gone.

Here’s the link to the story if it peaks your interest:


No comments:

Post a Comment