Thursday, February 21, 2013

In the Media

Politics? Religion? Uhm.......how about no! That was me before I became a believer. I was not interested in hearing anything that had to do with politics or religion--but I was not rude about it either (at least I didn't think I was). I just didn't get it. I didn't want to put forth the time to research and think about big picture stuff and in all honesty, I didn't want to listen. It's amazing how God changes people! Although I don't believe I'm "religious" I surely have a "relationship" with Jesus.

I am a HUGE fan of Glenn Beck. I love listening to his radio program and I enjoy watching his evening program as well. He has been a huge political influence on my life. Here is a short clip I found regarding the Carnival Cruise that left thousands of people stranded. Take a little over a minute and tell me what you think. This clip is found on The Blaze's website.




At first I thought it was rude that he cut her off right in the middle of a sentence. Now was it because she was about ready to quote a verse from the Bible? Or did time run out for the segment? Not sure really what the issue was, but instead of getting irritated, I realized this is the way society has evolved. God, Jesus, and the Bible are not embraced. I think despite the abrupt end of the interview, the young lady handled it well and didn't give up. She could have done a number of things to get her message across but she remained cool, calm, and collective. She gave people the opportunity to look it up themselves. Not sure how many unbelievers would actually take that step on their own, but I did and here's the message:


Joshua 1:9

New International Version (NIV)
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”



Instead of getting upset, the best thing to do is pray. Pray for people to hear the Word of God and to have God change their hearts. Pray that people recognize the difference between right and wrong and always choose right. On another note, here's another video that shows, Yes there still is hope in the world!





What are your opinions on the media?

No comments:

Post a Comment