Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Recharging My Batteries

Some days (like last night) I get exhausted--physically. I feel like it's a sturggle to get through the work day and to be involved in my family activites afterwards. But in special moments, something happens just at the right time I need it. Case in point, the sun in all its glory shines so bright on this wintry day just at the exact time I need it and I feel recharged. I thank the Lord for being able to view these beautiful landscapes He has created and even though I'm exhaused, I know He'll give me the strength to finish the day.

Another thing that recharges my batteries is when I read my Bible. It is something I crave and it is alive to me. All the stories and messages are so real and vivid and I feel like I'm there.  For something that was written thousands of years ago and still pertain to today's messed-up society, only can be from God. I may not literally have an ox or a donkey in my backyard but the principles are still the same.

I remember when I first became a believer I would only get my information from church and do nothing the entire rest of the week and in all honestly drag myself to church because I felt it was the right thing to do. Fast forward to over a year later and now and I LOVE going to church. I love hearing the message and I love sharing it as well. It's amazing what God can do to people and even though this blog is just an outlet to express His love for us, my prayer is that at least one person can get something out of it and feel the love of God.

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
    and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7


Here's a great video to complement the scripture:


No comments:

Post a Comment