Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Why Do I Blog?

After signing up for the Faithful Bloggers directory, their question was, "Why do you blog?" I thought it was a good question because I want to make sure my motives are right. I don't intend for this to be a career. I don't intend to make any money, and I don't plan on quitting my job. My only intention is to share the love of Jesus with my own personal story and experiences and hopefully make a difference in just one person's life.

At first I was hesitant because seems how I am a fairly new believer, I thought what do I really have to offer? I'm in no way, shape, or form a bible scholar but I thought there must be others like me that struggle and want to learn and grow in Christ with real life experiences. Just because I don't have a degree in theology doesn't mean I can't share the Good News. We are all disciples and have the freedom to share with everyone (and should). God created each one of us for different purposes. We have have different talents and desires and that is a wonderful thing because if we all did the same thing, the world would be pretty boring. Jesus said to the 11 after he was resurrected: Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Mark 16:15So here I am....putting myself out there. I will be here as long as it is God's will.


1 Corinthians 16:6-7


Perhaps I will stay with you awhile, or even spend the winter, so that you can help me on my journey, wherever I go. I do not want to see you now and make only a passing visit; I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment