Monday, February 4, 2013

Small Steps : How God is Changing Me

This morning was one of the most incredible ways I have noticed how God is changing me. Last night was the Super Bowl and boy did it last longer than I thought. By the time my family left and everyone got ready for bed, it was already past 11:00pm. I was so tired in fact that I forgot to set my alarm.

So imagine waking up to a voice saying, "It's 7:28!" Realizing you leave for school/work at 7:35am. The old me would have jumped out of bed, panicked, tore up the house looking for what to wear, searching for my cell phone, and trying to find what to have for lunch--all while figuring out how I'm supposed to shower, put makeup on, and let the dogs out all within 7 minutes. 

Well if you notice when I mentioned the "the old me," in the previous paragraph then you know where this is going. At church on Sunday, I left with a message of being patient, you are always being watched by other people, and of course about LOVE seems how it's February. The Pastor was sharing a story about his wife and how she dropped his beloved Ipad that he uses to deliver his sermons on the ground and cracked the screen. Under normal circumstances he would have yelled and yes he even mentioned wanted to cuss, but he did neither of those things. Instead he just took a deep breath and gracefully picked it up from the ground. 

How many time do we overreact when actually there's nothing that you can do about it?

 When I woke up this morning, I knew there was no way I could do everything I had to....so I took my time. Made a couple jokes, drop the kid off at school and came home and finished getting ready. Sure I was a few minutes late today but I'm not going to let that ruin my day. I'm not going to let it get my morning off to a bad start. And that my friends is how God is changing me. I'll leave you with a marvelous bit of scripture. One that I have personally memorized. 

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Image copyright Rick Short

1 comment:

  1. Nice. Thanks for the LINK LOVE on your site =) I provided a link back to yours via my blog.

    Love this post btw. GOD is changing me too. I have to learn how be patient. After all everything is in God's time. I TRUST HIM =)

    ReplyDelete