Thursday, February 7, 2013

Representing Christ

My soft spot for David Jeremiah is kicking in full swing today. I just have so much respect for him and I love how sincere he is and the way he delivers his messages. I was watching his sermon on t.v. last week and heard he had a magazine. Of course I signed up for it but I also signed up for his newsletter. While reading his message, one sentence popped out at me, "None of us knows when we'll be noticed by the crowds; but all of us are noticed by someone each day."

And at that moment, I asked myself whether or not I represent Christ in a positive way? While walking down the street, grocery shopping, watching a basketball game, or while at work? At all these places their are a lot of people around. So much so that even though I don't like the thought of admitting it, but we all judge people. I've heard a lot of unbelievers say that Christians are the number one hippocrates. And it may be true, but I am a sinner just the like unbeliever but the only difference between us is I am saved by His grace. 

If I am trying to share the Gospel with someone, are they going to see the fruit of the Spirit? Are they going to feel the love of Jesus? I want to be a good role model for the body of Christ--even on my bad days. So I'll leave you with that thought and the entire devotion from his website.




Weekend, February 2 & 3
Words from the Wise: David

And David behaved wisely in all his ways, and the Lord was with him. 
1 Samuel 18:14

Recommended Reading
1 Samuel 18:12-16
When was the last time you saw a young superstar, political leader, celebrity, or youthful VIP who was truly wise? There are a few of them, but most hotshots don't have the maturity to handle early fame. That's why so many NFL players get into trouble, and why so many rock superstars die young. Even Susan Boyle -- no spring chicken -- struggled with renown after becoming an overnight sensation on Britain's Got Talent. She told the Today Showthat sudden fame is "a lot like a giant demolition ball."

But God can give wisdom to both young and old, both famous and obscure. When the shepherd-boy David suddenly became famous after defeating Goliath, he behaved wisely in all his ways, and the Lord was with him. None of us knows when we'll be noticed by the crowds; but all of us are noticed by someone each day. If we learn God's wisdom in obscurity, we'll be able to practice it whatever comes. How can you behave a little more wisely today?

If you lack knowledge, go to school. If you lack wisdom, get on your knees. 
Vance Havner


P.S.  On a side note, I have been added to the Faithful Bloggers directory! I am so honored and so happy that God is working on sharing this little piece of the internet with the world. Praise the Lord! Be sure to check out their directory and visit some other great, inspirational blogs!





No comments:

Post a Comment